There is a great deal of buzz around the need for businesses to be utilising social media as part of their marketing strategy. It’s common practice in the physical world to be present and have a presence where your target audience ‘hang out’. Likewise, if your target audience is ‘hanging out’ on social media – your business should be too.
If you aren’t yet convinced, avail yourself of these stats*:
– 50% of the Australian population are logging in to Facebook EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Literally every second person is on Facebook every day.
– Of our population of around 25 million, Facebook has 15 million monthly active Australian users, and Instagram 9 million (according to latest figures from Social Media News).
– The demographics using Facebook the most? 25-39 and 40-55. It’s not just the youngest generations hanging out here!
Social Media can play a huge role in connecting with more of your target audience than possible physically – potentially bringing your business…well, more business! There are a plethora of reasons why your business should be on social media, and have a Social Media Marketing Strategy. Here are 7 of the top benefits of your business having a social media presence:
1) Brand Awareness: you can effectively amplify your brand’s voice and keep you front and centre in your target audience’s mind.
2) Increase trust in your brand: typically, our target audience requires 7-10 ‘touches’ before doing business with us. Employing social media to compliment your current marketing strategy helps increase the frequency of ‘touches’ – your target audience can see that your brand is authentic and one they can trust.
3) Understand your target audience: getting feedback and insights from your potential clients is made simple by embracing social media. This information can help you tailor your product, service and content to be better aligned with their needs and wants. You can conduct your market research on social media too!
4) Increase traffic (and conversions) to your website: successful and engaging content on your social media platforms can drive more traffic to your website, making it more visible and giving clients an enhanced experience.
5) Competitor research: find out what content your target audience is engaging with, and identify strategic opportunities.
6) Deliver better customer service: the client outcome is always paramount. Visibly showing good customer service by answering pre-sale and support questions can have a significantly positive impact on sales. Likewise, visible management of problem resolution can be extremely effective.
7) Build credibility as a subject matter expert: sharing your expertise helps establish and cement your business as the go-to of choice!
Here at Transformed Pty Ltd, we recognize that utilising Social Media Marketing is an important part of your business. We are very pleased to announce that we have partnered with Social Media College to deliver you with 10118NAT Diploma of Social Media Marketing, launching soon. Head over to our website to find out more.