Turn your skills into qualifications with Recognition of Prior Learning
Accelerate towards your career goals with Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Turn your existing skills into the qualification you need.
What is Recognition of Prior Learning?
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is the process of recognising the experience, skills and knowledge you already have, and turning them into a nationally recognised qualification.
It doesn’t matter whether you gained your skills through formal training, work experience or life experience – what matters is that you have them. We’ll assess your existing “competencies” against the qualification framework and, if you meet the benchmarks, you could get a statement of attainment for one or more course units or even a full qualification that will take your career to the next level.
Get a headstart with RPL
- Faster qualification: Don’t waste time learning things that you already know. Convert your existing skills into a full qualification or use them to get a headstart on the course you need with one of Australia’s leading RPL providers.
- Accelerate your career: Identify gaps in your knowledge and skills, and use this to enrol for the right course for your career advancement.
- Gain formal recognition of your skills: You’ve worked hard to get where you are – whether through study, work experience or volunteering. Reward yourself, and your career, with RPL.
- Value for money: Complete your formal qualification for less cost – RPL is cheaper!
Discover your RPL options
How it works
Step 1. Complete our free self-assessment survey for the qualification you want and receive a personalised report with details of your options.
Step 2. Provide evidence of your existing skills and knowledge.
Step 3. Attend an assessment interview (can be done by phone). Not all candidates need an interview.
Step 4. If you meet all the assessment requirements you receive a nationally recognised qualification or a statement of attainment towards your chosen qualification.
Types of RPL evidence
RPL all comes down to you proving your skills. You need to provide evidence that you have the competencies – no matter how you learned them.
Our assessors must be confident that you currently meet the competency standards, or outcomes specified in Australian Qualifications Framework accredited courses. For example, we might need evidence that you can drive a forklift, create a risk register, and so on.
To help you prepare your evidence for assessment, Transformed will provide you with a detailed RPL kit upon enrolment.
Here’s a quick preview of the types of evidence you can provide:
- Statements from you about your life and work experience
- References from employers or past employers
- Testimonials from clients
- Work samples, records and documents e.g. project plans, reports, meeting minutes, correspondence
Need help with your portfolio? Our friendly team is here to support you every step of the way – talk to us.
#1. RPL helps you gain a full qualification or a statement of attainment for a partial qualification by formally recognising skills and knowledge you already have.
#2. To gain RPL in Australia, you simply need to provide evidence showing that you already have the competencies.
#3. RPL can help you boost your career in less time and with less studying.
Get started today
Our survey takes just 10 minutes to complete. You’ll be sent a report within 24 hours. This will outline your recommended learning pathway, including a breakdown of costs and next steps. Get started now!