Somewhat surprisingly, NatHERS isn’t in the news every second day of the week. Most people know little about it and have only come across NatHERS as part of the design or build of a new house. So I set out to find out what is out there. I’ve scoured the web to find the latest thinking and ideas on NatHERS and NatHERS Assessment and I’ve compiled them together for you in this Top 10 list.
10. Five Ways to Avoid Double Glazing On Your Next NatHERS Project
This post addresses one of the most commonly asked questions by clients – how do I avoid the extra cost of using double glazing.
9. How to Increase Your NatHERS Star Rating for Free
A common question that I often get asked is “how do I improve the NatHERS star rating without spending more money?” This article shows you how.
8. Design Tips for a 6 Star NatHERS Energy Rating
Many low cost changes can be made a the design stage can result in a significant improvement in thermal performance. This article provide a number of design tips to do just that.
7. Does NatHERS really work in the Tropics?
Emperors and Speedos? This article is a must read for those conducting assessments in Northern Australia.
6. NatHERS: Is the glass half empty?
This article identifies a number of frustrations with the current NatHERS system and suggests that we take stock and make a range of improvements.
5. Response to NatHERS: Are we on the Road to Ruin?
The Australian Windows Association hits back at the article above (6. NatHERS: Is the glass half empty) and dispels a few common myths and misunderstandings.
4. NatHERS or NABERS? Which will be first for a new resi rating tool?
According to industry insiders development of a NABERS tool that can be
applied to existing multi-residential buildings is in the works. This article spills the beans on what is happening.
3. Frustration with NatHERS sparks new verification body
2. Energy star ratings for homes? Good idea, but it needs some real estate flair
Some interesting research on the perspective of home buyers.
1. Corruption, collusion, ignorance driving “mediocre” building performance in Australia
An explosive article that examines some of the key findings and recommendations from Phase 1 of the Energy Efficient Building review. The report found that designers were often advocates for energy
efficiency however, the vast majority of consumers, with the exception
of a few clients, held little value for energy
Further information on the project can be found here.
NatHERS Explainer Video
Whilst not an article, I did come across the explainer video recently produced by the NatHERS National policy area. Its not bad and could be helpful for your clients. Check it out on the NatHERS home page here.