Equip yourself with the real-world skills to make the transition into a senior executive role with Transformed’s PSP60616 Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting.
If you’re an experienced procurement professional looking to take your next step, you need to kick your strategic procurement skills up another gear. Earn the status of trusted adviser amongst key stakeholders by demonstrating leadership and influence. Learn how to gain buy-in for procurement strategies. This nationally-recognised qualification will give you the specialist skills you need to make an immediate impact in your organisation.
Total value: $17,050
The cost to you: $5,000
Download our Course Guide by filling out the form below
The Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting gives you the insights and expertise you need to become a leader in procurement in the public sector.
Gain the competitive edge with a course led by Transformed’s industry experts. With extensive experience across a wide range of industries, including public service and government, our trainers use real examples to ensure you master the latest in procurement strategy techniques.
Designed for maximum flexibility, this course allows you to study anytime, anywhere. The best part is you can put your new skills into practice every single day of your course.
This Advanced Diploma is ideal if you want to grow your skills ready for an executive or senior officer role in the public sector.
This qualification covers the competencies required for independent and self-directed work in the public services.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of strategic procurement and contract management in the public sector, including legislative requirements
- Understand the importance of good corporate governance and internal controls
- Support strategic thinking in relation to government procurement issues
- Communicate effectively with staff and other stakeholders
- Support productive working relationships and achieve results
Course Fees and Funding
This qualification includes:
- Advanced Diploma of Procurement and Contracting, including:
- over 30 hours of instructional videos
- customised learning materials written by leading industry experts
- instructional videos showing how to use our e-learning system
- easy to follow, knowledge and performance assessments
- Exclusive recorded webinars on each core module and elective, providing a summary of all content as well as instructions, tips and tricks for completing assessment questions and tasks
- support from qualified and experienced assessors (valued at $4000)
- A customised study plan showing the units to be completed and assessment due dates (valued at $150)
- Monthly webinars with leading procurement industry expert (valued at $6000)
- Access to the Transformed library of leading short courses on procurement and contact management for 12 months (valued at $3950)
- Introduction to Procurement
- Principles of Contract Management
- A suite of courses introducing government procurement in different jurisdictions
- Category Management
- Intellectual Property Management and Commercialisation
- Negotiation skills
- Developing and writing specifications
- Evaluating tenders and quotes
- Managing procurement risks
- Engaging with and influencing stakeholders
- Managing supplier relationships
- Business acumen and commercial skills
- Disposing of assets
- Introduction to contract law
- Understanding modern slavery legislation
- Access to our exclusive Procurement Central community, allowing you to interact with other students and industry experts who will answer your questions and share their procurement tips and tricks (valued at $1500)
- Procurement and contract management templates, checklists and tools (valued at $500)
- Access to relevant Australian and International Standards and key government and industry references (valued at $900)
- Printed and digital version of Nationally Recognised Certificate and Transcript (valued at $50)
- Opportunity to become a senior person in government procurement and contract management earn substantially more than the average Australian (priceless)
Total value: $17,050
The cost to you: $5,000 online & RPL
This course has funding available nationally through Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers – more information available here- https://skillscheck.com.au/skills-checkpoint-online-application/
Successful completion of the qualification within the course duration period, a completion rebate of $500 will be paid.
Support and Delivery
Take advantage of our flexible training and assessment options which allow you to fit your study around your work and personal life. Transformed offers two flexible learning pathways:
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – Assessment only, assessing evidence of existing skills and knowledge against the competency standards.
- Online Learning – The learning environment provides access to study guides, assessment materials & submission links and online support from your assessor
Our Transformed team will support you every step of the way through training literature, videos and assessor contact.
This course is entirely based on self-paced study.
Talk to our team about the right course delivery for you.
Are you looking to upskill your procurement team?
Talk to us about face-to-face delivery available within organisations for groups of 8 or more. We’re the training organisation of choice for organisations such as KPMG and Cordelta.
Complete 15 subjects (9 core and 6 electives)
|Unit code||Unit title||Available by RPL||Available by Distance|
|PSPPETH004||Maintain and enhance confidence in public service||Y||Y|
|PSPGEN067||Establish and maintain strategic networks||Y||Y|
|PSPLEG004||Manage compliance with legislation in the public sector||Y||Y|
|PSPMGT006||Develop a business case||Y||Y|
|PSPPCM020||Plan for strategic procurement||Y||Y|
|PSPPCM021||Coordinate strategic procurement||Y||Y|
|PSPPCM022||Negotiate strategic procurement||Y||Y|
|PSPPCM023||Manage strategic contracts||Y||Y|
Please note that all electives are available via distance online learning and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
|Unit code||Unit title|
|Manage policy implementation.|
Apply government system.
Conduct and manage coordinated procurement.
|Persuade and influence opinion.|
|PSPPCM019||Divest strategic assets.|
|PSPPCM024||Manage fundamental aspects of supply chain|
Before enrolling, discuss your preferred selection of electives with Transformed. Details of each competency can be found here.
The completion timeframe for this qualification is 18 months.
The Advanced Diploma is designed for professionals who are:
- Responsible for managing strategic procurement
- Working in programs, projects or a corporate area that has a heavy reliance on procurement and contracting
- Seeking to grow their procurement and contracting knowledge to a senior/executive level
Career and Salary
You must meet the following entry requirements:
- Employment in the public sector
- A role that includes procurement, asset management, and /or contracts management
- Good literacy and numeracy
For RPL, typically you will have at least 5 years’ experience in the industry or role, however this is not mandatory for entry.
Expected level of student skills: It is expected students have a level of digital literacy to access information, communicate and complete training and assessment activities using a computer/tablet and our online learning platform. Students will be required to complete a number of tasks independently, and to have the skills to manage their own time and study. Students are expected to be able to research and analyse information, and to apply knowledge to real world situations.
Students will be required to independently read and understand a range of different documents including organisation policies, plans, guidelines & procedures, external documentation (may include codes, policies and articles), handbooks, instruction guides (and where applicable drawing and plans). Students are also required to develop written documentation, including risk assessments, action plans, logs, reports.
A key skill for this program is the ability to effectively communicate with others in English.
Technology requirements: Students should be able to access and use computer/tablet device with word processing software, internet browser, email account and webcam/microphone and speakers (or headset). An internet connection is also required.
- Underpinning knowledge questions and answers
- Work-based assessment tasks
- Third party validation
Assessment for the Advanced Diploma is against the competency standards within the Public Sector Training Package (PSP).
Take the self assessment survey
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you already have substantial workplace experience in procurement and contract administration roles in government, you may be eligible for RPL. This means you can complete your assessment by portfolio and interview.
You will need to provide substantial evidence of contract management experience, as well as evidence showing you understand and can apply skills and knowledge relevant to working in the government environment. You also need to provide a signed reference from a team leader or manager.
Talk to our team to find out if you are eligible for RPL.
Further Study Options
Interested in taking your studies to an even higher level? Some tertiary institutions award course credits for those who have successfully completed an Advanced Diploma level program when you apply for qualifications such as a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Master of Business.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points
Achievement of this qualification can qualify as suitable for claiming 30 CPD points with associations such as CIPS. More detail here – https://www.cips.org/Documents/CPD/CIPS_Guide_to_CPD.pdf (as of Feb 2019)