The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is designed for experienced project managers wishing to gain formal recognition of their experience and knowledge and success through a qualification. The BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management is also designed for project team members who wish to step up to being directly responsible for the planning, implementation and finalisation of a project.
Contact our Education Advisor to find out if this course is for you
The Diploma is a nationally-recognised, competency-based qualification and is endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM). It consists of twelve competency units based on the Australian National Competency Standards for Project Management (NCSPM). The units are aligned with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK).
This course combines best-practice advanced project management theory with practical examples of workplace application. Transformed’s team of experienced project managers and trainers have extensive on-the-job experience across a broad range of industriesand access the latest in research, international thinking, new and emerging standards and industry best practice. They offer real-world examples to demonstrate how the practical application of theory can deliver outstanding outcomes.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Integrate and balance all project management and technical elements of the project to ensure objectives are aligned with business strategies;
- Determine project objectives and develop a plan to manage project scope and scope changes throughout the project lifecycle;
- Develop schedules for tracking project activities;
- Analyse costs to produce a budget for management of project expenditure;
- Apply quality management, assurance and control principles in the delivery of projects;
- Understand teamwork, leadership and the impact of people on achieving project outcomes;
- Determine human resource requirements, skill sets and achievement levels for project activities, including staff development and stakeholder management;
- Plan project communications to generate, collect, disseminate, store and dispose of project information in a timely and accurate manner through formal structures and processes;
- Identify, analyse and treat risks to ensure the project is not adversely affected;
- Determine procurement, select contractors and manage suppliers and contractors on an ongoing basis;
- Apply project controls throughout the project lifecycle; and
- Identify and implement recommendations and lessons learned to continually improve projects
Course Fees and Funding
Course Price: $4,500 online & RPL
Fees are GST exempt.
This qualification is subsidised through NSW Smart & Skilled Funding. Checkhttps://www.transformed.com.au/training/smart-and-skilled-funding for further information.
If you reside or work in the ACT you may be eligible for funded training. Please contact Transformed for further information.
Funding for this qualification may be available under the Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) arrangement
Support and Delivery
Take advantage of our flexible training and assessment options, designed for busy people. Transformed offers two flexible learning pathways:
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – Assessment only, assessing evidence of existing skills and knowledge against the competency standards.
- Online Learning – The learning environment provides access to study guides, assessment materials & submission links and online support from your assessor
Our Transformed team will support you every step of the way through training literature, videos and assessor contact.
Talk to our team about the right course delivery for you.
Are you looking to upskill your employees?
Talk to us about face-to-face delivery available within organisations for groups of 8 or more.
18 months – distance learning (self-paced)
12 months – recognition of prior learning (RPL)
The Diploma of Project Management consists of twelve units of competency, consisting of:
- eight core units plus
- four elective units (to be selected from the elective unites listed below or any endorsed Training Package at Diploma level or higher)
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Available by Distance Learning|
|BSBPMG511||Manage project scope||Y|
|BSBPMG512||Manage project time||Y|
|BSBPMG513||Manage project quality||Y|
|BSBPMG514||Manage project cost||Y|
|BSBPMG515||Manage project human resources||Y|
|BSBPMG516||Manage project information and communication||Y|
|BSBPMG517||Manage project risk||Y|
|BSBPMB521||Manage project integration||Y|
|Unit Code||Unit Name||Available by Distance Learning|
|BSBPMG518||Manage project procurement||Y|
|BSBPMG519||Manage project stakeholder engagement||Y|
|BSBPMG520||Manage project governance||Y|
|BSBWOR502||Lead and manage team effectiveness||Y|
This course is designed for those with some project coordination and project management experience, in particular:
- Project managers wishing to gain formal qualifications
- Business and technical team leaders; or
- Project/programme management office team members
Career and Salary
There are no pre-requisites for this course, however, students should aim to undertake significant project work during the course to provide supporting workplace evidence to demonstrate their competency.
For students without work-based experience, it is recommended they complete the Certificate IV in Project Management Practice prior to enrolment or have a minimum of two years experience working in a project management environment.
Students are required to undertake a number of assessment activities, including:
- Multiple-choice exam;
- Assessment tasks;
- Written question and answers; and
- Provision of a portfolio of evidence
Assessment for the Diploma of Project Management is against the project management competency standards within the Business Service Training Package.
Candidates can expect to spend 40 to 50 hours on assessment tasks.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Assessment by portfolio and interview is available to those with workplace experience in project management. This approach requires the candidate to furnish substantive evidence of coordinating projects and working in project teams in their workplace, along with a signed reference from a current client or supervisor.
Further Study Options
- Practical Programme Management Course
- Advanced Diploma of Program Management
Various tertiary institutions have recognised and awarded advanced standing credit for the Diploma of Project Management upon application for qualifications such as a Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma or Masters in Project Management.
Achievement of the Diploma of Project Management may meet the requirements for recognition as a Registered Project Manager by the Australian Institute of Project Management.