The BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability will help you understand the ongoing environmental pressures and understanding how to influence policy, plan and effect change.
The wellbeing and management of our environment is vital and now more than ever a key concern both nationally and internationally.
If you are interested in a career in environmental management and sustainability, then the BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability will assist in building the skills and knowledge required to monitor and address environmental issues in a variety of industry sectors.
Contact our Education Advisor to find out if this course is for you
This BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability reflects the role of individuals who are engaged in environmental management and sustainability in a range of workplace contexts.
It covers the skills and knowledge required to monitor and address environmental issues including sustainable work practices, environmental management plans, carbon emissions and waste management, and provides a good foundation for individuals wishing to pursue further studies/careers in various aspects of environmental management and sustainability.
Course Fees and Funding
Online Learning – $4,200.00
Support and Delivery
- Study guides
- Assessment materials & submission links for completed assessment tasks
- Online support from your assessor.
The Transformed team will support you every step of the way through training literature, videos and assessor contact.
All candidates must complete the following 4 core units in the BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability:
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBSUS402 Implement an environmental management plan
- BSBSUS403 Measure, monitor and reduce carbon emissions
- BSBSUS404 Assess, implement, monitor and report on waste management
All candidates must complete the following 4 elective units in the BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability:
- BSBSUS405 Assess, monitor and reduce water use
- BSBSUS406 Identify and apply sustainability rating tools
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- BSBSMB410 Review and implement energy efficiency in business operations
It is expected that most candidates can complete this qualification successfully within no more than 18 months. Estimated time allocations spread over the duration of the training are:
- Research and learning – 284 hours
- Work based & Industry coaching – 96 hours
Assessment collation, submission and feedback – 270 hours
Job roles and titles vary across the different industry sectors, a person with this qualification could seek employment in the following roles:
- Environmental & Sustainability Officer/Manager
- Environmental Waste Officer/Manager
Depending on your chosen area of expertise, you may choose to seek employment in areas such as:
- coastal and marine management
- environmental consultancy
- environmental communications
- environmental health
- environmental sustainability
- land and water management
- policy development
- research or science journalism
- statutory and socio-economic planning
- wildlife management.
The BSB42315 Certificate IV in Environmental Management and Sustainability may also be suitable for:
- Entrepreneurial individuals looking to launch their own business related to sustainability standards
- Business managers or business owners who are interested in becoming qualified and improving the sustainability standards of their business
Others who are looking to develop their skills, knowledge and career opportunities in the sustainability market.
Career and Salary
Assessment methods for this course include:
- Answers to written theory questions, short and long answer questions
- Workplace assessment tasks
- Oral questioning, which may be used as an adjunct to other assessment methods and, when necessary, to address a learner’s literacy problems
- Online assessments